Skip to main content

DEAR SANTA

 


I want to thank all of you for your best wishes and thoughts this holiday season.  They are very much appreciated.  

What a swimmers letter to Santa might look like.

Dear Santa,

I would like to get off to a great start in 2023 and will need a few things

to help me so if you could fill my stocking with any of the items below I would be very grateful.  Hopefully you and your elves will have the correct tools laying around the North Pole to help me in my journey.


First off I will need a positive attitude going into the new year.  With school, swimming and life all coming at me I know I will have to keep a positive attitude especially when things get tough and things don't necessarily go my way.


Next there will be times in the coming year when I will need an extra shot of motivation.  I like to work hard to reach my dreams and goals but times do arise when I am not motivated and allow those times to affect my work habits.  When those times arise I will need that extra kick to get started because I know that once I start I'll be okay and will work hard.

I want to ask that my swim group/buddies all find a way to get along.  They are my second family and

while I understand that there will be drama it's at those times it is important that we come together as a family find some patience and as the song goes "Let it go! Let it go!"   This will allow us to train and help each other towards our dreams and goals.


This year I would like to see some fast times.   I know that fast times aren't always possible and in those moments all I'm asking is a good competitive race with my opponents and when the big meets arrive on my schedule just the opportunity to be in the best possible position to achieve a personal best.






My coach has been working hard on our UWDK to give us an advantage off our walls in our races.  Give me the confidence to understand that it may be hard and uncomfortable but if I continue to work hard my efforts will show up on race day.

Santa all of these things will help as I continue to swim and race this year but if you could squeeze one more item in your bag it would be neat to have some great finishes in 2023.

P.S.Have a safe trip Santa








Hope all of you and your family have Joyful Holiday Season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“If it’s important to you, you will find a way.  If not, you will find an excuse.” FEEDING YOUR MUSCLES   Having trouble with those early morning workouts or competition?  Not sure what to eat or how much so that you can perform at an optimal level and get through it? Understanding the process and how to get there is not an easy one.Waking up early to jump into a cold pool for either swim practice or  a swim meet is no easy feat.  For sure one of the biggest advantage is you get to see the sun rise and you have a jump on everyone else.  One of the first things that you have to do to survive a early workout/swim meet is to fuel your vessel. By the time you wake up your body is already starving.  You need to figure out a way to fuel it that works for you.  It's not something that you can ignore because the consequences will affect your success.  I was amaze or maybe not that so many of you have nothing to eat before arriving at the pool in the morning.  This is an area of your traini

Westward passage

  So I’ve made it this far riding south with the Rockies off to my right just need to find the correct route to go up and over, where is Coach Heather and her GPS not that I would listen to her.   Crossed over into Canada from North Dakota and went west in Canada.to Calgary and turned left south to Billings Montana  This will be our road west. Sun road in glacier national park.  On another note will be ending in San Diego sometime late week.  Hoping to be back by Friday practice but because of the heat we are riding less miles with more breaks.  Will definitely be there at st James Saturday morning barring any catastrophe. Make sure for you prep kids you get a good day of rest tomorrow and a good night sleep.  Get your homework done.  That first day will set the tone for the entire year.  The gold and blue groups let’s get some rest, get your homework 📚 done and set the tone for a successful season on day 1. Remember our motto “WIN”

PRACTICE

  "If you don't practice you don't deserve to win." ANDRE AGASSI So you come to practice on a consistent basis hardly ever missing but yet you are always missing out on that one great swim you've been searching for.  The hard question that you need to ask yourself is this; Do I practice with with a determination to improve or do I just show up swim with little focus on what you are doing or why?  If that's the way you practice you will end up like the dog just swimming never able to capture the one big swim your searching for.  Like you after the race you will think your tired but frustrated that you came up short again. Practice is the Foundation for all of your swimming successes now and in the future and it all goes back to our theme for the season. "WIN". (What's Important Now" ).  Simply said Focus on what we are doing in practice at the moment. It's about how you approach practice and what and how you do in the water during that t